As a landlord you should always ensure you are covered by having a landlord’sinsurance. Sometimes a standard home insurance isn’t enough and therefore yourlandlord insurance can be more of service.

Also known asbuy-to-let insurance, it typically includes building insurance to cover againstevents such as fire, flooding and subsidence. And if you're renting out afurnished property, it's worth considering content insurance as this canprotect everything from your furniture to the TV you provide to your tenants.

There are six main things you should consider when doing a landlords insurance. This might be extra however is very useful as your property can be at risk of damage.

  • Cost of repairing damage 
  • Accidental damage cover 
  • Legal cover 
  • Compensation claims 
  • Loss of rent 
  • Loss of income cover